38 1/2 Ways to Kill a... 38 1/2 Ways to Kill a...

All it needs is sound.

That was great. The ending was pretty funny, too. If you had used sound effects, the whole flash would have rocked hard.

Badger goes to some club Badger goes to some club

Like they all say, good potential.

It's obvious to everybody that you have some pretty decent artistic skills. You definitely could make some good flash if you wanted to.

Now, I understand that part of getting all the attention for your turds is to give them outrageous names like "HENTAI SEX PARTY!!!" but I really think that if you gave them appropriate names and icons, they'd get much higher scores.

Unlike your last two, I think this one will get too high a score to become a turd. I'm noticing a distinct increase in the quality of your flashes. The first was only a boring loop more suitable for a preloader, the second was a decent series of animations that didn't actually go anywhere, and this one would have been pretty good if it were longer.

Oh, and why does RoflMuffinGlock never wear his glock? (He looks better without it, personally, but just curious.)

FatBadger responds:

i suck @ flash, read the reviews.

Slash infinity Slash infinity

Made me laugh.

At first I was like, "Huh? Crap?"
Then I'm, "Hey, nice animation, but it doesn't do anything..."
And then I'm, "Roflcopter!"

Loved the ending!

Rikaeu responds:

thanks for the reveiw

Platform Game Tutorial Platform Game Tutorial

Top-notch tutorial.

This is easily the very best platform game tutorial I've seen here on Newgrounds. I've seen a lot of the weaker tutorials, but I've been able to figure out better ways of designing a platforming engine than they could provide.

I haven't made any games yet, but I just finished my platforming engine a couple of days ago. My code is similar to this tutorial's, except that the code for jumping physics in this tutorial is superior.

There are only a couple of things I didn't like about the techniques in this tutorial. I don't care much for putting platform code in the player. I like to put the code for platform behavior in an instance in the symbol for each platform. This way I can place several platforms without having to name each instance of them. Even so, your method works very well. Additionally, I don't really put any code in the player except for stop(). I put all the code for player behavior in an invisible controller object and name all of the animation frames for the sprite to be used as the player. That way I can interchange any sprite with labeled frames and name the instance "player", and I don't have to alter (or even copy and paste) code.

Despite my personal preferences, I'd say that this is by far the best platform game tutorial I've seen.

Death bomb Death bomb

That's cool.

I really like what you did with the music. It's like a music video and a game in one.

You should put in some sort of better indication of what damages you and what doesn't, though. Maybe the missile should just flash red or something simple like that, since a sound effect may disturb the awesome music thing you've got going on there.

trekopep responds:

I would fix it, but I cant. I deleted the fla. file to save memory on my mac. Thanks for the review though! ;)

-Password Protection- -Password Protection-

Not so great.

Okay, FIRST of all, I was able to bypass your password with a simple right-click and clicking Forward. It took me to a screen that said the password was wrong, then I hit Forward again.

Also, your images were pretty hard to make out. You don't need to compress them so much since the tutorial relies specifically on them. It's like cropping music to only 20 seconds in a music video.

And finally, this tutorial is really pointless, since anyone who has an extremely basic knowledge of ActionScript and is not a retard could figure out how to make the most obvious of if statements.

Now if you had combined this tutorial with the one that disables the right-click menu (which was undeniably useful, but also extremely lacking), I would have given it a much higher score.